BE LIKE HIM
I met a babe
a long time ago,
who taught me all
that I should know.
He taught me about
all eternity,
so to symbolize life,
the evergreen tree.
He taught me about wisemen
who traveled so far,
so I top all the trees
with a bright shining star.
He taught me to love
with all of my heart,
so gifts to everyone
I do impart.
He taught me about shepherds
so humble and meek,
so candy canes I give out
that remind us to seek.
He taught me about angels
rejoicing His name,
so I sing Christmas carols
to worship the same.
He gave up His life
that all might live,
I wear red for the blood
He did freely give.
He was the Lamb
all perfect and pure,
and so my red hat
is trimmed with white fur.
This season is not about me,
Santa Claus,
though I do all these things
for a very good cause.
It’s about that babe
born in a stable dim,
I spread Christmas cheer
because of Him.
I challenge you
to do the same,
show love and peace
in His holy name.
-Allison M. Lee-
December 2004
I met a babe
a long time ago,
who taught me all
that I should know.
He taught me about
all eternity,
so to symbolize life,
the evergreen tree.
He taught me about wisemen
who traveled so far,
so I top all the trees
with a bright shining star.
He taught me to love
with all of my heart,
so gifts to everyone
I do impart.
He taught me about shepherds
so humble and meek,
so candy canes I give out
that remind us to seek.
He taught me about angels
rejoicing His name,
so I sing Christmas carols
to worship the same.
He gave up His life
that all might live,
I wear red for the blood
He did freely give.
He was the Lamb
all perfect and pure,
and so my red hat
is trimmed with white fur.
This season is not about me,
Santa Claus,
though I do all these things
for a very good cause.
It’s about that babe
born in a stable dim,
I spread Christmas cheer
because of Him.
I challenge you
to do the same,
show love and peace
in His holy name.
-Allison M. Lee-
December 2004

1 comment:
What a very beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment